Summer School on the Fundamentals of Neutron Scattering
The following documents are in PDF format. You can download the free Adobe Reader to view them.
The lecture presentations will be posted here as they come available.
Introduction to Neutron Scattering
Roger Pynn of Indiana University, Bloomington has written a thorough series of lectures intended as an introduction to neutron scattering.
An expanded collection of slides and videos are available on an IU website.
- Neutron Scattering - A Primer (PDF, 12.3MB)
- LECTURE 1: Introduction & Neutron Scattering Theory
- LECTURE 2: Neutron Scattering Instrumentation & Facilities
- LECTURE 3: Surface Reflection
- LECTURE 5: Small Angle Neutron Scattering - Lecture Notes (PDF, 1.61MB)
- LECTURE 6: Inelastic Scattering
- NG7 SANS Gas Loading Handout - Methane adsorption in model mesoporous material (Expts. 1 & 2)
- NG7 SANS Magnetism Handout - Using SANS to Investigate Chaining of Bio-Magnetic Nanoparticles (Expt. 3)
- NGB30m SANS Handout - Effect of Ethanol Cosurfactant on SDS Micelles Nanostructure
- NGB10m SANS Handout - µRheoSANS of Wormlike Micelle Solutions
- BT5 USANS Handout - Gelation of spherical colloidal systems with bridging attractions
- NG7 Reflectometer Handout - Interdiffusion in Thin Polymer Films
- MAGIK Reflectometer Handout - Neutron Reflectivity investigation of the structure of a phospholipid bilayer membrane and a membrane-associated protein.
- PBR Reflectometer Handout - Magnetic Localization in a Compositionally Graded Ferromagnet