Summer School on the Fundamentals of Neutron Scattering
The following documents are in PDF format.
The lecture presentations will be posted here as they come available.
Introduction to Neutron Scattering
Roger Pynn of Los Alamos National Laboratories has written a thorough series of lectures intended as an introduction to neutron scattering.
- Neutron Scattering - A Primer
- LECTURE 1: Introduction & Neutron Scattering Theory
- LECTURE 2: Neutron Scattering Instrumentation & Facilities
- LECTURE 6: Inelastic Scattering
- BT7 Experiment Handout - Magnetic Phase Transition and Spin Wave Excitations in the Collosal Magnetoresistive Manganites
- DCS Experiment Handout - Rotational Tunneling of Methane in Metal-Organic Frameworks
- HFBS Experiment Handout - Methyl Group Dynamics in Fluorotoluene.
- NSE Experiment Handout - Measuring single chain dynamics in a polymer melt.
- MACS Experiment Handout - Probing one-dimensional fluctuations in a spin-1/2 antiferromagnetic chain using MACS.
Staff and Invited Talks
- Peter Gehring: Basic Elements of Neutron Inelastic Scattering
- Jeff Lynn: Choosing the Right Spectrometer
- Kate Ross: Quantum Phenomena in XY Pyrochlores
- Robert Williams: How Neutrons are Produced
- Jeff Lynn: BT7 instrument lecture
- Madhu Tyagi: HFBS Instrument lecture