Summer School on the Fundamentals of Neutron Scattering
The following documents are in PDF format. You can download the free Adobe Reader to view them.
The lecture presentations will be posted here as they come available.
Introduction to Neutron Scattering
Roger Pynn of Los Alamos National Laboratories has written a thorough series of lectures intended as an introduction to neutron scattering.
- Neutron Scattering - A Primer (PDF, 12.3MB) by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 1: Introduction & Neutron Scattering Theory
- LECTURE 2: Neutron Scattering Instrumentation & Facilities
- Small Angle Neutron Scattering - Lecture Notes (PDF, 1.61MB) by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 6: Inelastic Scattering
- DCS Experiment Handout - Rotational Ligand Dynamics in Mn[N(CN)2]2.pyrazine
- BT-7 Triple Axis Experiment Handout - Magnetic Phase Transition and Spin Wave Excitations in the Colossal Magnetoresistive Manganites: An Experiment Using the BT7 Triple-Axis Spectrometer
- HFBS Experiment Handout - Study of methyl group rotations and primary relaxation in poly(vinyl methyl ether)
- MACS Experiment Handout - Probing one-dimensional fluctuations in a spin-1/2 antiferromagnetic chain using MACS
- NSE Experiment Handout - Shape fluctuations of a spherical surfactant shell in a microemulsion
- SANS Experiment Handout - Using Polarization Analyzed SANS To Investigate the Effect Of Anisotropy On Magnetic Nanoparticle Interaction
- Neutron Scattering - John Copley
- Choosing the Right Spectrometer - Peter Gehring
- SANS Basics - Boualem Hammouda
- Dynamic rheology of concentrated, near hard-sphere colloidal dispersions - Kate Gurnon
- Neutron spin echo spectroscopy and membrane dynamics in solution - Michi Nagao