SAFETY GUIDELINES FOR WORK IN THE NCNR
- REPORT ALL INCIDENTS OR UNSAFE CONDITIONS TO YOUR NIST SUPERVISOR, YOUR LOCAL CONTACT, OR CONTROL (X6292)
- ALL items that have been in neutron beams must be cleared by Health Physics (X5810) before removal from C-100 (confinement room)
or G-100 (guide hall).
- YOU may NOT disable or disconnect safety systems (alarms, shutters…). Should either become
necessary contact Health Physics (X5810) or Control (X6292).
- Instrument shielding may not be removed or reconfigured without approval from Health Physics (X6292.)
- Instruments must be surveyed (by user) after all sample or beam configuration changes. (Survey meters are available at each instrument.)
- Appropriate attire for the task or area, required personal safety equipment (closed shoes, safety glasses, gloves, aprons …) and engineered
systems (machine guard shields…) must always be used, and procedures must be followed when available.
- The Safety Representative, John Barker (X6732) (Terry Udovic (X6241) if John is not available), must be contacted before beginning
any operation involving significant hazards (electrical, radiological, chemical or mechanical.)
Get more information on NCNR Lab Safety
Last modified 02-May-2007 by website owner: NCNR (attn: Bill Kamitakahara)