2014 NCNR/NSF Summer School Course Materials
The following documents are in PDF format. You can download the free Adobe Reader to view them.
All materials will be posted here as they come available.
Introduction to Neutron Scattering
Roger Pynn of Los Alamos National Laboratories has written a thorough series of lectures intended as an introduction to neutron scattering.
- Neutron Scattering - A Primer (PDF, 12.3MB) by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 1: Introduction & Neutron Scattering “Theory” by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 2: Neutron Scattering Instrumentation & Facilities by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 3: Surface Reflection by Roger Pynn
- LECTURE 5: Small Angle Scattering by Roger Pynn
- Introduction to the theory of Small-Angle Neutron Scattering and Neutron Reflectivity by Andrew Jackson
- NGD PBR Reflectometer Experiment Handout - Spontaneous Magnetic Ordering of a Complex Oxide Superlattice
- NGD MAGIK Reflectometer Experiment Handout - Interface Structures in Hydrated Polymer Electrolyte Films
- NG7 Reflectometer Experiment Handout - Neutron Reflectivity investigation of the structure of a phospholipid bilayer membrane and a membrane-associated protein
- NGB 10m SANS Experiment Handout - Small Angle Neutron Scattering of Rotating Nanostructured Thin Films
- NGB 30m SANS Experiment Materials - SANS from 5% SDS in d-Water and more
- USANS Experiment Handout - SANS and USANS Investigation of Oil Uptake by Micellar Gels
- NG7 SANS Experiment Handout - Using Polarization Analyzed SANS To Investigate the Effect Of Anisotropy On Magnetic Nanoparticle Interaction
- Neutron Reflectivity (July 14, 2014) - Chuck Marjkrzak
- Neutron Reflectivity (June 24, 2014) - Chuck Marjkrzak
- Polarized Neutrons - Chuck Marjkrzak
- Orange Group Presentation - SANS from SDS