SANS Tutorials & Presentations
**NEW** - A series of videos have been produced giving an overview of SANS data collection, reduction and analysis.
The following can be viewed with Quicktime*.
- SANS Fundamentals - An overview of the small-angle neutron scattering technizue, with a focus on theory.
- SANS Experimental Methods - A how-to video on planning a small-angle neutron scattering experiment with a focus on what data is necessary to reduce SANS data.
- SANS Data Analysis - A general step-by-step guide on analyzing SANS data. A PDF copy* of the presentation shown is also available.
- SANS Concentrated Particle Solutions - An explanation of the correlation between particle interactions and SANS data.
- SANS Dilute Particle Solutions - How to interpret SANS data when particles have no interactions.
Two useful reference books are listed below.
- Andre Guinier's 1955 classic text "Small-Angle Scattering of X-Rays" is no longer available on a print-to-order basis from Astrologos Books.** We are currently looking for another source of this invaluable reference.
- Another useful reference is Glatter & Kratky's "Small Angle X-Ray Scattering."
The following documents can be either downloaded or viewed in a PDF format (readable by Adobe Acrobat).*
- Introduction to Neutron Scattering (PDF Format) (0.27 MB)
- SANS Nuts and Bolts (PDF Format) (0.35 MB)
- SANS Research topics (PDF Format) (0.21 MB)
- A Tutorial on SANS from Polymers (PDF Format) (0.6 MB)
- 30m SANS Description (PDF Format) (5.4 MB)
- Fundamentals of Small-Angle Neutron Scattering (PDF Format) (0.16 MB)
- SANS Experimental Methods (PDF Format) (1.05 MB)
- SANS from Dilute Particle Systems (PDF Format) (5.0 MB)
- SANS from Concentrated Dispersions (PDF Format) (0.21 MB)
- SANS Theory (PDF Format) (0.21 MB)
*Note: PDF documents can be read using Adobe Reader.
**Disclaimer: Use of company names does not imply an endorsement by NIST.