Steven R. Kline
Steve Kline is a chemical engineer in the NIST Center for Neutron Research at the National Institute of Standards and Technology in Gaithersburg, MD.
- Interactions in concentrated colloidal mixtures
- Structure and thermodynamics of surfactant and microemulsion systems
- Supercritical fluid microemulsions
- Polymerization of surfactant structures
- Recently Published (April '99): Polymerization of Rodlike Micelles
- Biggs, S.; Kline, S. R.; Walker, L. M. Langmuir 20(4), 1084-1094 (2004) "The adsorption of polymerized rodlike micelles at a solid-liquid interface"
- DiNoia T. P.; Van Zanten, J. H.; Kline, S. R.; Garach-Domech, A.; McHugh, M. A.; Wright, P. J.; Fetters, L. J. Macromolecules 36(19), 7372-7378 (2003) "Impact of supercritical fluid solvent quality on polymer conformation in semidilute solutions: SANS data for poly(ethylene-co-1-butene) in dimethyl ether to kilobar pressures"
- Ho, D. L.; Hammouda, B.; Kline, S. R. J. Poly. Sci. B: Poly. Phys. 41(1), 135-138 (2003) "Clustering of poly(ethylene oxide) in water revisited"
- "Crosslinked Micellar Gel Composition" US Patent, Sept 2002, #6,444,723
- Bossev, D. P.; Kline, S. R.; Israelachvili, J. N.; Paulaitis, M. E. Langmuir 17(25), 7728-7731 (2001) "Pressure-induced freezing of the hydrophobic core leads to a L-1 -> H-1 phase transition for C12E5 micelles in D2O"
- Kline, S. R. Langmuir 15(8), 2726-2732 (1999) "Polymerization of rodlike micelles"
- Kline, S. R.; Kaler, E. W. J. Coll. and Inter. Sci. 203(2), 392-401 (1998) "Interactions in colloidal mixtures: Partial structure factors in mixtures of colloidal silica and anionic oil-in-water microemulsion"
- Trout fishing (flies, of course), Camping and hiking, Softball
- I also pitch for the St. Louis Cardinals - check out my stats
- Steven R. Kline
NIST Center for Neutron Research
100 Bureau Drive, Bldg. 235, Stop 8562
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
- (301) 975-6243 (office), (301) 921-9847 (fax)
Last modified 29-August-2012 by website owner: NCNR (attn: Jeff Krzywon)