Things To Remember
- If you need a chemical, Yamali keeps a copy of the Chemical Inventory and can check if it's in the building.
- If you received a commercial chemical, please provide Yamali with the MSDS, amount of the chemical and location. This information will be added to the database.
- If you or your users take something from another lab, the chemical or equipment must be returned to the original laboratory. You must leave a note with your name, extension and what you took.
- The pipette bulbs can be used more than once. Do not throw them out.
- Discuss with your users the experiment that they are planning to do.
- Check for things such as: solvents, equipment, glassware, and special needs.
- Gather this information before they come to NCNR; this will prevent last minute orders by Fed EX and also disappointment and frustration.
- In the event that you or your users need something from the storerooms, you can check availability on-line at
- Remember that they close at 4:00 pm and the computers are shut down at 3:30 pm. Please plan accordingly.
- If you need dry ice, please notify Yamali at least 2 hours in advance.
- If your users bring chemicals and/or equipment, remind them that they cannot leave it here. We have limited space. If they are coming back to continue the experiment we may be able to make arrangements.
- If you need to ship a chemical or a sample prepared in our labs, see Yamali. Provide the name, phone number and address of the person or company receiving the shipment and a description of the material/equipment. Samples must have MSDS's, and must have been cleared by the Health Physics if they have been in the neutron beam
Excuses for not following the above rules that are not acceptable include: I didn't know! I forgot about it! I'm too busy! I don't speak English!
Last modified 29-August-2012 by website owner: NCNR (attn: Jeff Krzywon)