The following commands are useful to the DCS user.
Unless otherwise stated they are typed at the dcs computer.
- Lists the file /home/dcs/sequence.prm, which contains what remains of the current sequence.
- Lists the file /home/dcs/sequence.log, which is a log of executed commands within the current sequence.
- Analyzes the current sequence file, checking for syntax errors. It also estimates the time that each command will be completed assuming the sequence is started immediately. Options are listed by typing "dryrun -?".
- Summarizes the current state of the instrument.
- Best evoked as "liveplot &", creates a plot of the current data, updated every few seconds.
- update (invoked from the solo computer)
- update (with no arguments) copies outstanding raw data files from the dcs computer to the solo computer. This command is automatically executed every 10 minutes.
- check_wl reads the chopper speeds and phases and determines the current wavelength.
- check_temp may be used to check the current sample temperature
- Invoked from either computer, this command changes the directory to the current data directory.
Go to NCNR home page | Go to DCS home page
Last modified 27-February-2003 by website owner: NCNR (attn: John Copley)